Below is a list of fan fiction (fanfic) I’ve written over the years. A lot of authors (ones you’ve heard of) have written fanfic…after all, they are no less fans of stories than anyone else. For a variety of reasons, they don’t usually publicly own up to this little hobby.
With as persistent a memory as the Internet has, combined with the fact that the foundation of my fan-base (for whom I’m most grateful) comes from the fanfic I’ve written, I will own up to being a contributor. My fanfic isn’t anything salacious or evocative of “Rule 34“, so I have no thematic need to hide these wares. The fact is, the prose ones were very useful tools in teaching me how to write something other than screenplays.
I will caution you that, because they are fanfic, some/most of these pieces haven’t gone through the same sort of editorial cleansing that something meant to be published has. As I said, many of these were learning tools for me that I was happy to share with the appropriate fandom. These are listed in series order and in order within each series.
- Two Left
- (short) Inside Duncan MacLeod’s head during a quickening. (My first attempt at writing something other than scripts.)
- Is There Something You Want to Tell Me?
- (short) Duncan and Tess start seeing each other — and Tess learns about Duncan.
- (1-hr teleplay): Xena and Gabrielle must match wits against Aphrodite and her minions to prevent the sacking of a town.
- A Tale of Terreis and Ephiny
- (short) Two young Amazons set out to prove themselves in an unforgiving world. (The version done “live” in an on-line chat.)
- Risks of Trust and Honor
- (short) Two young Amazons set out to prove themselves in an unforgiving world. (The polished extended version of the original “A Tale of Terreis and Ephiny”.)
- Scroll 73
- (short-short) A student of Gabrielle’s chronicles the Amazon Queen saying good-bye to her friend.
- Visit to an Ancient World
- (novel draft) An actress on a fantasy show set in ancient Greece finds herself trapped in a world of legend, violence, and Gods…that is actually in ancient Greece. She must use her wits for a chance to return home.
- The Connor Wars
- (27 1-hr teleplays + 1 screenplay): A 22-episode season 3 and a 5-episode season 4 plus a 2-hour finale of the story about John Connor and his attempt to prevent Skynet from taking over the world — starting from the end of the TSCC season 2 finale. (Also some extra scripts just for fun.)
- Currently, this takes you over to the blog where I originally posted them. In all likelihood, I’ll be moving them here before too long.
- F0501 Random Scenes and Sequences
- (teleplay snippets) Following the season 4 finale, I had to write down some scenes for the first episode of the fifth season (specifically concerning Beckett and Castle) to clear my head.